8/15/2006

Voodoo Chile


This image is a macro closeup of the wings of a moth. I processed the image in photoshop using various filters and plug ins to create this image. When I created this image I could hear the Jimi Hendrix song "Voodoo Chile" in my head, hence the title of this work. Jimi Hendrix will always be known as the greatest rock guitarist. But he was also an incredible songwriter and lyricist. I've always been enthralled by the first verse to this work:

Well, I stand up next to a mountain
And I chop it down with the edge of my hand
Well, I stand up next to a mountain
Chop it down with the edge of my hand
Well, I pick up all the pieces and make an island,
Might even raise just a little sand.

Until next time infidels. I now leave you with another quote from the great Ansel Adams.


When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence. ~Ansel Adams

2 comments:

Pete Moss said...

psychedelic...

Anonymous said...

Oh this is very cool!