8/18/2006

Morning Egrets at Big Cypress


Image Shot at Big Cypress National Preserve, Everglades National Park and post processed by your truly.

It's Friday once again, I'm wearing my tropical colors, and am anxiously awaiting my afternoon libation. Today me thinks expresso infused vodka straight up. Perfect summer Friday afternoon refreshment.

I also picked up the Lost City on DVD, which I did not get a chance to see in the theatre and am looking forward to watching it.

Otherwise, infidels, let's hope that one of these Friday's we can all be drinking to Fifo's departure from the planet Earth. I leave you now with some words from a transplanted Floridian who loved Florida as much as or more than most folks who were actually born here.

I get sick and tired of hearing people saying they hate this beautiful state and want to get out. We have way too many folks here already, so if y'all really want to leave, both I-95 and I-75 head north. Hence, leave more land for wildlife and native flora and hence more subjects for photographers and artists. Ciao.


“If there can be such a thing as instinctual memory, the consciousness of land and water must lie deeper in the core of us than any knowledge of our fellow beings. We were bred of the earth before we were born of our mothers. Once born, we can live without our mothers or our fathers or any other kin or friend, or even human love. We cannot live without the earth or apart from it, and something is shriveled in man’s heart when he turns away from it and concerns himself only with the affairs of men.” -- Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never really got the people that always complained about a state or what ever, You are right there are Highways leaving every state, choose one and be on your way!

Many People hate the part of Oregon I live in. It rains to much they say! I say that is what makes it so beautiful and green!

Have a wonderful Weekend!

Love your Image today!

Robert said...

Couldn't agree more about people who hate this state. Leave more room for those of us who appreciate it for what it is.

I'm glad I'm not the only Cubano who didn't see The Lost City in the theatres.