8/13/2006

Happy Birthday Pop


Billy Joel's old song, "Only the Good Die Young" is so true. My old man would have been 82 today. He left us in 1994. Yet the evil one, still lives today on what is supposedly his 80th birthday. Lot's of good people were born on this date, yet the world only gives a damn about the most evil one with the flea infested beard. The irony of it all.
This image was taken by yours truly in 1978 on my 1st 35mm camera, a Yashica Rangefinder on Tri-X Pan film at the age of 13.

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

It does seem that way, sometimes, doesn't it, Michael? This is a fine portrait of your dad, one that I know holds special memories.

Thoughts are with you.

AmandaDufau said...

That is a great picture, Mike. Hope you had a wonderful day in honor of your dad.

Michael Pancier Photography said...

Thanks Folks. Unfortunately, I spent time yesterday at a funeral of one of my mother's most beloved friends, a true patriot of the times of the Cuban Republic

http://www.miami.com/mld/elnuevo/news/local/15261849.htm

Anonymous said...

I remember his kindness and his jovial personality. He is missed by all who knew him. How fast the time flies, and yet such solemn anniversaries remind us of how slow time passes when tallying the years between the loss of our love ones. Be well, and rejoice in the happy memories. Laugh, and I guarantee you will hear your father’s voice, alive and well.

Craw

Anonymous said...

I can see your photography eye was sharp even at 13! Great photo, and well chosen to remember your pop!