8/17/2006

Roseate Spoonbill Deluxe



In my ever ending quest for the mother of all spoonbill shots that I've yet to get, this is the closest I came to one on Merritt Island National Wildlife Reserve last June. I am convinced that there is a spoonbill communication network whereby they inform each other that I will be in town and they make sure to go somewhere else.

And today, just like yesterday, I'll leave you with some lyrics of one of my favorite songs by Brian Wilson and Mike Love . . .

What good is the dawn,
That grows into day?
The sunset at night,
Or living this way?

For I have the warmth of the sun,
Within me at night.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Patience, young one, patience. One day the forces of nature will be with you and you will see the Roseate Spoonbill Deluxe in a photo worthy pose. Just hope that you have your camera with you! :)
I do like your painterly effects.

Anonymous said...

I bet if you where to arrive with no camera in hand their would be a ton of them!

At least this is what happens to me, the few times I leave home with out my camera is when I see the things I think OH MAN that would be a prefect shot LOL