10/17/2006

Son of the Beach

Well today infidels, I would probably have been driving along the desert highway with the cool wind in my hair from Las Vegas to Springdale Utah admiring the canyons and mountains and sandstone formations. But since I am not over there, but over here in South Florida, here's a shot of our beach sand, which is somewhat different from desert sand.
Image of South Beach. Hadn't shot there in a long time. Much has changed. Looks like they are getting new Lifeguard Huts which now look like colorful lighthouses. What has not changed is that there is so much trash on the beach....beer bottles., and all other crap. Wish folks would bother to take care of their public beaches.

"A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers but borrowed from his children."- Audubon

2 comments:

Pete Moss said...

Wish I was laying on one of those chairs right now.

Anonymous said...

Love the perspective!!!!!!! From the preview on my bloglines I thought they were solar panels at first LOL

I hate litter bugs ugggg! I hate driving through a beautiful area, and the sides of the road are lined with litter, or hiking on trail and there is the remains of someones Mc Donald's meal or their starbucks cup and the like! how hard is it to take it with you to a trash! NOT VERY!