10/07/2006

Rollin' & Tumblin' - Muddy Waters Last Concert Appearance - May 1982

© 1982, 2006 by Michael A. Pancier
A historic shot of Muddy Waters last concert appearance before he died. It took place at the old Hollywood Sportatorium in Hollywood, Florida in May 1982 during an Eric Clapton concert. (This historic concert venue was torn down over 15 years ago and is now a housing community). As a young high school student and novice photographer, I sneaked my camera in (in those days, an old Pentax K-1000) and I took some shots. Here is one of them. I scanned the negative and processed it with today's digital technology.
A rolling stone gathers no moss and neither does a valiant infidel.

1 comments:

Margaret said...

Sweeet! Thanks for sneaking the camera in and recording history. (I was there too, but farther back and on the other side.)