10/04/2006

Crooked Palms - Fort Lauderdale Beach

Here's another image of my photo tour of Fort Lauderdale, Florida. I never get tired of taking photos of the coasts. The ocean to me represents freedom from land. Must be the pirate in me.
As Mr. Buffett noted, "Yes I am a pirate, two hundred years too late The cannons don't thunder, there's nothin' to plunder I'm an over-forty victim of fate Arriving too late, arriving too late." The only thunder I see is from my Canon camera so I give you this image to ponder and to imagine yourself with a boat drink. As Jimmy would say: "I’d like to go where the pace of life’s slow. Could you beam me somewhere mr. scott? Any ol’ place here on earth or in space. You pick the century and I’ll pick the spot." So the spots I like to pick end up being on the Beach. In fact, an infidel's credo is "Give me the Beach, or Give me a drink."
To close today's post, Otto the Canine Sage says: "Dogs look up to you. Cats look down on you. Give me a pig. He just looks you in the eye and treats you like an equal." - Winston Churchill

0 comments: