6/02/2006

More Images of Crandon Park

Well my friends, it's been another long week. The rains have started their summer pattern. Nearly all the visiting birds have gone north to breed. But as I've stated this past week, there is a little oasis in Crandon Park where you can find some interesting photo subjects all year round. The above image is of a fulvous whistling duck which resides at Crandon Gardens. The image below is of the old carousel which has been restored to its old glory. Hard to think that when I was five years old, I rode that carousel. And now, that I am a pirate looking back at 40, I bring my young son to ride on the same carousel. You can ride it 3 times for a dollar. A bargain by today's standards. So for you folks who live here in Miami or are visiting, make a stop by Key Biscayne and Crandon Park. You can enjoy the beaches, enjoy the parks and the duckies and birds, and take a ride on the carousel for old time sake.

For those who are intersted, the carousel photo was taken at a slow shutter speed as I did a zoom blur to get the effect. I then photoshopped the image to give it the quality you see here.

Ciao infidels and go Miami Heat!

0 comments: