6/05/2006

Key West Bars

Sloppy Joe's Bar - Duval Street, Key West, Florida

Hog's Breath Saloon, Key West, Florida


Captain Tony's Saloon, Key West, Florida

It's Monday and time for another work week. As Alan Jackson and Jimmy Buffett lamented in their number one hit, "It's Five O'Clock Somewhere," I know we'd all rather be in a bar right now rather than in our offices. Some of the best bars are a few hours south of me in Key West. You can pound the same pavement previously pounded by Ernest Hemingway, Tenneesee Williams, and of course, the number one parrothead, Jimmy Buffett. I won't mention all the bars there as I have not the time. But I will post three of my images of the most popular bars on Duval: Sloppy Joe's, Captain Tony's, and the Hog's Breath Saloon. (My preference is Captain Tony's . . . which is where the original Sloppy Joe's was during Hemingway's time) . . .

Last call infidels!

1 comments:

Pete Moss said...

Have you gone to Hemingway's house. Pretty cool. This was a typical Hemingway day. Wake up at 6AM write till noon. Then go fishing or drinking. Sounds good to me...