5/13/2006

Sailboat Coming into Amelia Island Harbor



Well it's Saturday my fellow infidels. And so I've decided to present to you an image of the ocean. I can never be too far from the ocean without going totally nuts. Knowing that the ocean is near me is a calming experience. I've been to the mountains and to the big cities and capitals. I've seen the great rivers. But they do nothing for me like a patch of ocean does. The smells and sounds of the ocean are heaven to me. The shore birds on the beach are the angels. I was born with the ocean in my blood. (It is full of saline, so maybe it's true).

Both my parents lived near the ocean. And so have I for over 40 years. Perhaps one of the greatest sensations is sailing on the ocean. When all you hear is the sound of the boat on the waters and the breeze. No motor. No fumes. Truly a zen moment if I say so myself.

So I close my post with my favorite lyrics from Everybody's Talkin . . . I think that these lyrics explain my love for the ocean and probably yours too.


"I'm going where the sun keeps shining
Thru' the pouring rain
Going where the weather suits my clothes
Backing off of the North East wind
Sailing on summer breeze
And skipping over the ocean like a stone"

Have a good cocktail this weekend and don't forget your moms.

PS: An image from the candy store perhaps?

0 comments: