5/24/2006

A Girl & Her Parrot























Most folks have an interesting relationship with their pets. This leads to such axioms such as "a boy & his dog"; "a woman and her cat"; "a nerd and his snake," etc. Since my photography takes me constantly to the beach to take photos of birds, beachscapes, and the ocean, I occassionally spot something you do not see everyday. I've always seen folks walking their dogs on the beach. But never have I seen someone walking their parrot on the beach. It made a fine subject for me so I used my large telephoto to capture this image and converted it to a watercolor. This was taken last June at Anna Maria Island in SW Florida. So here you have it infidels -- a Girl & Her Parrot . . .

1 comments:

Pete Moss said...

Very nice. A moment in time now part of the blogosphere...