5/15/2006

In the Hands of the Creator


As you can see from my blog, I shoot photographs of nature, avian subjects, places and things. And yes, I sometimes take photographs of people. I like taking environmental shots of people especially --- artists.

Here is a shot of the hands of fames Cuban Sculptor, Tony Lopez, in his Miami studio working on his latest work of art.

This was shot before I went digital and is one of my favorites which hands in my Fort Lauderdale office. If you ever find youself in the fashion district in Miami, you should stop by and check out Tony's studio. It's been in the same place since the late 1950's. You can't miss it. On the corner of NW 36 Street and NW 2nd Avenue.

2 comments:

Pete Moss said...

One of the reasons I believe in creation is because we ourselves are creators, or find the need to create or invent. We must have inherited this trait from whoever created us. That is not to say that theres no evolution. I think theres room for both theories. And really nobody knows for sure because nobody was there to see--including Darwin. So if he can have his theory, I can have mine.
Cool photo as always.

Hey Mike, I've been meaning to ask you. Who do you use when you have to print a large format photo. For example 16x20 or larger. Do you have a large format printer or do you use Kinkos. I cannot print anything bigger than 8x10 with my printer. I have a lady that was interested in my Jupiter Lighthouse photo, but she wanted a poster sized version.

Michael Pancier Photography said...

Pete, I can print up to 13x19 on my printer, EPSON 2200. But you can also use an online service, www.mpix.com