7/14/2006

The Weekend is Upon Us


It's Friday once more. My favorite day of the week. It's also Bastille Day so I guess it would be appropriate to have a "Pompier" by combining in a tall glass two-thirds full of ice; 3 ounces dry (white) vermouth; 1/2 ounce crème de cassis and topped up with fizzy water. Stir and drink.

And for this weekend, which finally it appears we will have some sunny weather down here in the Sunshine State, let's hit those beaches. And if you're fortunate to be in Brevard County, Florida, spend a day at the Canaveral National Seashore where you can enjoy pristine beaches such as the one above free of condos and hotels and the other drech that many of us Floridians and other beach goers have had to contend with in recent times.

Remember, it's five o'clock somewhere and don't be shy in enjoying your favorite spirit. You never know, the pleasure police may someday take that right away from you as they have by banning smoking everywhere. (I don't smoke cigarettes as they are vile, but I smoke cigars).

Adieu mon infidels.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

beautiful beach. I bet much of the coastline looks completely different than my memory. My memory, this is what it looks like.

Enjoy, have a great weekend.

Pete Moss said...

I like this one for my blackberry background.