7/31/2006

Roseate Spoonbill on the Fairway

Happy Monday infidels. It's the last day of July 2006 and I'm as sick as a dead dog with yellow matter custard dripping from his eye . . . but for those infidels who know my never ending quest for the holy grail of avian photos, the roseate spoonbill, would know that they never seem to be around at the time that I arrive at a photo shoot location. Fort De Soto is famous for having a bunch of them at one time. Not true when I arrive there. But I did see a few of them on my way to Fort De Soto on the fairway of a condominium golf course nearby. A whole family of spoonies, by the pond, with their clubs, practicing chip shots from the fringe of the green.

Well I slammed on the brakes and grabbed my gear to get some shots. I still do not have my prize shot yet . . . one with wings extended over the coastline. It will come one day soon I hope.

So in the words of that famous parrothead philosopher,

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man
I have chalked up many a mile
Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks
And I learned much from both of their styles."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get well soon.
Craw

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.