3/13/2008

Goodbye My Friend




“May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. And until we meet again, May God hold you in the hollow of his hand.”

-- Irish Saying


-------------------


It's hard enough to lose a loved one. It's harder when that loved one was taken from you by a cold blooded murderer. We have no right to play God and have no right to decide life or death. God's greatest gift is human life.


I've learned in this past week the irony of how one person can change the lives of so many. On one hand I learned how one person, my friend Melissa "Missy" Lewis impacted so many people, not just her family and friends, but a whole community. How her generosity and love for others touched so many people. I bet today that from her seat in heaven she is saying "wow", I never knew there were so many people out there who cared so much. But as the protagonist learned in the film "It's a wonderful life", one person can make a difference and one person can have an impact on so many people.


I've also learned the sad reality that one person, be it of evil mindset, can impact so many people too. The evil person or persons who had the arrogance and who lost his soul by playing God and taking a life has impacted so many too. This person or persons who took the life of my friend did not just affect one person, he affected many people and a community.


Missy was an inspiration to many people and showed us that determination and spirit can overcome any hardship or the most difficult situations.


The world lost a true angel. She was just getting started with her greatness.


Only the Good Die Young. So sad, but true.


Goodbye my friend. 

0 comments: