12/24/2009

Christmas 2009


This was my first Christmas Eve and my first Christmas without my Mom. I'm sure she was there with me in spirit. I miss her physical presence, but her spiritual presence was with me today. Love carries on beyond the material world into the spiritual world. As long as we keep the ones we love in our heart, they will never die.

But now that the presents are wrapped and put together. The pork was cooked and eaten and as now everything is put away, the night is silent. And it is good. I think back to the beginning...


"And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, 'Fear not: for behold, I bring unto you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the City of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.' And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God, and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.'"

Luke 2:8-14
Photo of Everglades National Park
© 2009 by Michael Pancier Photography