12/04/2006

Breasts and Butterflies

Happy Monday infidels. Rather than my essays on the degeneration of popular music, I offer you some light hearted fare. Breasts and Butterflies.

Spent a few hours at Butterfly World in Coconut Creek yesterday. Been a while since I've gone shooting. Interesting thing about butterflies, like humans, they are attracted to certain scents. In the butterfly, the scents mean flowers which to them mean food. Since many perfumes are created from various flowers and herbals, while attracting other humans, in this case, perhaps a human of the male species, the lady's perform also attracted this butterfly who somehow felt he would get a snack. Well as George Carlin once said, yeah, he did get a snack in this case. The lady kept walking around butterfly world with a butterfly on her chest. She was a young Russian girl it appeared. I had not noticed until an Orthodox Jewish man who was also enjoying Butterfly World came to me and told me that I had to take a picture of the butterfly on the woman's chest. I know some photographers have no shame and would have gone up to her and asked. But for me, I felt a little strange going up to a strange young woman and saying, "Excuse me Miss, but I can take a picture of your chest?" Somehow, I felt I'd get slapped or arrested. So rather than that, here I go with the big Canon telephoto zoom and pretend to shoot a hummingbird, but rather, I captured the image above. One shot only, it had to be perfect. No one noticed. I got the shot. And life goes on.

So ladies, if you ever do visit butterfly world, if you don't mind the butterflies sticking to you like glue, then back off on the perfume. Of course if you don't mind it, then pile it on, and make sure there's a camera handy.

That's all for now. Ciao from the Underworld!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If this is twice, sorry. Blogger is acting up and I can't quite remember what I said earlier.

Either way, perfect butterfly placement. Makes for a fab photo.

Michael Pancier Photography said...

thanks Bonnie. Hope it's warming up there for you..